*Applications are available at the Hardinsburg Main Library.*
SALARY: SET BY BOARD DATE: 09/09/2021
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Adult Services Librarian provides programming for adult patrons, develops services for this age level, conducts computer and online instruction for the public, helps with adult literacy, and performs specialized tasks related to providing reference services. The Adult Services Librarian interacts with the public and other staff members, will work the circulation desk, helps with and plans adult outreach programming, and may be required to work at all three locations.
· Assists with the preparation for the day’s activities
· Greets customers professionally
· Assists customers in the selection of materials, helps with reader’s advisory
· Answers phone calls and directs them to the appropriate person’
· Provides basic instruction for customers on computer, electronic devices, and Internet use
· Prepares information on how to use the library’s online resources and conducts classes as needed
· Assists with preparing displays
· Attends professional workshops, continuing education courses, and regional and state conferences and meetings as deemed necessary.
· Represents the library to community groups as assigned.
· Evaluates the needs of the library’s adult services on a regular basis
· Compiles monthly statistical and narrative reports.
· Sets priorities and completes projects independently and as a member of a team.
· Plans, schedules, promotes, and presents regularly scheduled adult programming
· Works with library staff on programming for all ages
· Works with community groups and assisted living facilities to plan adult outreach programming and services
· Provide home deliveries as needed to the homebound in our service area
· Other duties as assigned and as needed
*Note: This job description does not necessarily reflect all aspects of the job function.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required
· Paraprofessional certificate (within 5 years)
· Experience in working with adults
· Ability to work with adults, to read, write and compute; to establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff and the public; to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to work under minimal supervision and to supervise others
· Ability to organize and prepare adult programming, and a knowledge of popular fiction and nonfiction
· Ability to maintain high standards of customer service
· Skills in using computers and basic office equipment
· Light to medium work
· Reaching, bending, kneeling and crouching to retrieve and replace library materials
· Movement throughout the facility locating/retrieving materials and assisting users
· Talking to groups for 35-45 minutes, more than one time per day
· Handling and manipulating library materials
· Operating computer and audiovisual equipment
· Speaking and listening to customers and coworkers
· Pushing/pulling book/AV cart with added weight from materials
*Please return completed applications to the Hardinsburg Main Library.*
This institution is an equal opportunity employer and provider.